The Horsley Witten Group is always looking to add professionals to our team who can support a wide range of technical work and foster corporate growth. The HW work environment encourages collaboration and pushes employees to broaden their horizons and take on new challenges. Fun, creative, smart, and motivated professionals characterize our staff at all levels. We also have several office locations, more than one of which may be able to accommodate staff member additions.
Current openings are listed below. If nothing is listed today, feel free to reach out and send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Horsley Witten Group is looking to fill a position for an Environmental Scientist/Engineer with 8 years experience in hazardous materials assessment and remediation. A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, Natural Resources or engineering disciplines is required. Candidate must also either be a Licensed Site Professional (LSP) or on track to obtain that license in the next year. The candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused. Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel, ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD. Experience with EPA Funded Brownfields projects is a plus.
Activities would include:
- Due Diligence Studies including; ASTM Phase 1 Studies, soil, groundwater, surface water sampling, assessment and remediation, site assessment for property transfer;
- Installation and Maintenance of Remedial Systems;
- Thorough understanding of the Massachusetts Contingency Plan;
- Tier 2 Reporting Experience;
- Conduct field work and Report Writing for Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments;
- Perform Investigations at CERCLA, RCRA, and Petroleum Sites;
- Collection of soil and water samples using various sampling techniques;
- Report writing, generation of figures, tables, and database management;
- Sediment control assessments and monitoring;
- Compliance Plans (SWPP, SPCC, etc.);
- Permitting and regulatory compliance; and
- Other duties as assigned.
No phone calls please. Email résumés and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HW currently has an opening for a Project Engineer. The position will primarily be in support of New England-based public and private sector clients but could include work in other areas of the United States. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in multiple aspects of civil engineering design including site design, stormwater management, and roadway design. Desired qualifications include:
- A Bachelors’ degree in civil engineering or related field;
- Between 5 to 8 years of professional experience;
- Experience in permitting at the local and state level;
- Strong working knowledge of watershed hydrology and related software;
- Knowledge of Federal Clean Water Act – NPDES MS4 permit requirements;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD;
- Desire to learn new skills, work collaboratively, and work outside one’s skill set from time to time;
- Strong writing skills; and
- Ability to present site plans and reports in front of local land-use regulatory boards.
Send résumés and cover letters to email@example.com.
Horsley Witten Group, Inc. is an Equal opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.